Become a Part of the CivicEye Team
CivicEye delivers modern, easy-to-use cloud software (SaaS) for communities and law enforcement that helps to save lives and increase security. The company combines a deep understanding of public safety with an unrivaled technology platform, bringing robust solutions to law enforcement, prosecutors, and courts across the country.
CivicEye is experiencing explosive growth and recently established their headquarters in beautiful uptown Charlotte. In conjunction with that growth, the company is looking for a fun, energetic, and multi-dimensional Staff Accountant to join our team! The ideal candidate will report directly to the Controller and have broad experiences in a variety of disciplines, which include QuickBooks, AP/AR clerk, monitoring bank activity, general bookkeeping, and ad hoc projects. This integral team member must have strong understanding of both Cash and Accrual accounting, computer skills, verbal and written skills, ability to exercise appropriate discretion and professionalism, as well as be proactive and self-motivated.
Who You Will Work With?
In this role, you will support the Controller, have visibility to leadership, and you’ll collaborate with Operations, Sales, Engineering, Marketing, and People Operations.
What You Will Do?
- Compute, classify, record, and verify numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records
- Follow and improve upon existing operational controls, including holding others to applicable accounting policies and procedures
- Manage the Company’s full-cycle accounts payable and accounts receivable activities
- Assist Controller and CFO with cash flow forecasting
- Compile, sort, and archive documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiate business transactions
- Verify and posting details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers and/or spreadsheets
- Obtain appropriate levels of approval for vendor disbursements
- Obtain W9s from vendors and administering annual 1099 process
- Work with operations to ensure timely billing of completed work orders
- Reconcile certain general ledger accounts, researching and resolving any discrepancies
- Assist employees, vendors, and customers by answering questions related to expense reports, bills, and invoices
- Assist the Controller with audit preparedness efforts
- Work closely with Controller to assist with the month-end close
- Assist Controller and CFO with the preparation of ad hoc management reports and schedules
- Acquire a general knowledge of the business/industry to help innovate and fuel growth
- Establish meaningful cross-functional relationships and serves as a trusted financial partner to guide organizational decision making
- Other responsibilities as assigned
What Will You Bring?
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of professional bookkeeping experience (including full cycle AP & AR)
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in accounting a plus
- Prior software or service industry experience (especially B2B or B2G), preferably with recurring revenue models preferring
- US GAAP
- High Proficiency in MS O365 (Excel, Word, and Teams)
- Cheerful and energetic with a professional presence, ample discretion and confidentiality, a positive attitude, curious mindset, and willingness to learn
- QuickBooks, NetSuite, MS Dynamics or similar GL systems experience
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and multi-task
- Excellent time management and organization skills including the ability to prioritize, support, and anticipate the needs of Controller with initiative and enthusiasm
- Technologically Skilled – Able to adapt to new technologies and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
- Contributing to team success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
- Problem Solving – Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Ethics – Treat others with respect, inspiring trust of others, working with integrity and upholding organization values
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations, responding promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance
What We Provide
At CivicEye, we celebrate our differences in an inclusive workplace designed to support the things that make us individuals. CivicEye is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly encourage candidates from all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire allows us to bring in a fresh new perspective to further diversify our company for the benefit of our employees, products, and our community.
For more information, please refer to Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Employee Assistance Program, Paid time off (PTO), Floating Holidays, Medical, Dental, Health Care Flex Spending, Parental Leave, Voluntary Disability, Voluntary Life, Performance Bonus, Equity Participation Opportunities, and Culture as a Currency. Free or discounted access to fitness programs, financial coaching, continuing education and more.
Do work that matters and makes a positive impact on millions of lives.
Competency Profile: Individual Contributor
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Contributing to Team Success
- Effective Oral and Written Communication
- Continuous Learning
- Initiating Action
- High Work Standards
Key Working Relationships
- High Visibility to Executive Leadership Team
- Supports all organizational functions, Operations, Sales, Engineering, Marketing and Finance.
- Sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift or carry up to 20lbs at a time
- Ability to work seamlessly in both office and remote work environments
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.