CivicEye delivers modern, easy-to-use cloud software for communities and law enforcement that helps to save lives and increase security. The company combines a deep understanding of law enforcement and public safety with an unrivaled technology platform, bringing powerful and easy-to-use solutions to law enforcement, drug control, prosecution, campus police, private security, and fusion centers. Our mission is to provide communities with a strong digital infrastructure to manage their operations and keep communities safe.
CivicEye is experiencing explosive growth and recently established their headquarters in beautiful midtown Charlotte, NC. In conjunction with that growth, the company is looking for a fun, energetic, and multi-dimensional IT Engineer to assist with hardware and software, procurement, configuration, and maintenance. The ideal candidate will have broad experiences in a variety of disciplines which may include testing, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking systems. IT engineers may also be required to train staff and manage projects. This integral team member must have ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware issues, strong verbal and written skills, exercise appropriate discretion and professionalism as well as be proactive and self-motivated.
The IT Engineer will support the entire company’s IT needs and will report directly to the Head of Engineering. This is a fantastic role for someone that enjoys buying and setting up new software and hardware, and helping people, is committed to fostering a fun office environment, and believes in advancing our Civic mission of making communities safer.
Serves as an ambassador to our company by often serving as the first face, first voice or first name to whom our clients, partners and prospective team members will be introduced. Specifically,
- Supporting all technology (hardware and software) needs of on-site and remote workforce
- Issuing, tracking, safeguarding and recovering all company issued technology assets
- Meeting with the IT manager to discuss system needs
- Designing and installing computer hardware configurations
- Installing software and networking systems
- Troubleshooting network and software issues
- Installing high-level software security systems
- Training staff on newly installed hardware and software systems
- Fixing hardware, software, and networking issues
- Responding to general IT requests
- Ensuring security software is kept up to date
- Filing monthly reports for the IT Manager
Your skills include:
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and multi-task
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a associates/technical school certification in IT/Systems Administration, or equivalently years of experience in IT Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware systems
- Familiarity with general OS systems, Enterprise, programming languages, and Office software
- Knowledge of LAN and wireless networks
- Ability to project manage
- Good communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware issues
- Knowledge of database and networking security systems
- Life-long learner and eager to try new things
Cheerful and energetic with a professional presence, ample discretion and confidentiality, a positive attitude, and willingness to go above and beyond. Excellent time management and organization skills including the ability to prioritize, support, and anticipate the needs of several managers with initiative and enthusiasm.
What We Provide
At CivicEye, we celebrate our differences in an inclusive workplace designed to support the things that make us individuals. CivicEye is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly encourage candidates from all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire allows us to bring in a fresh new perspective to further diversify our company for the benefit of our employees, products, and our community.
Employee Assistance Program, Paid time off (PTO), Floating Holidays, Medical, Dental, Health Care Flex Spending, Parental Leave, Voluntary Disability, Voluntary Life, Performance Bonus, Equity Participation Opportunities, and Culture as a Currency. Free or discounted access to fitness programs, financial coaching, continuing education and more.
Do work that matters and makes a positive impact on millions of lives.
Competency Profile: Individual Contributor
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Contributing to Team Success
- Effective Oral and Written Communication
- Continuous Learning
- Initiating Action
- High Work Standards
Key Working Relationships
- High Visibility to Executive Leadership Team
- Supports all organizational functions, Operations, Sales, Engineering, Marketing and Finance.
- Sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift or carry up to 20lbs at a time
- Ability to work seamlessly in both office and remote work environments
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.